Yeah, compared to something as performant as java...
</sarcasm>

On 10/20/2014 10:16 PM, Adaryl "Bob" Wakefield, MBA wrote:
Using an interpreted scripting language with something that is billing
itself as being fast doesn’t sound like the best idea...
B.
*From:* Russell Jurney <mailto:russell.jur...@gmail.com>
*Sent:* Saturday, October 18, 2014 7:38 AM
*To:* user@hadoop.apache.org <mailto:user@hadoop.apache.org>
*Subject:* Re: Spark vs Tez
Check out PySpark. No Scala required.

On Friday, October 17, 2014, Adaryl "Bob" Wakefield, MBA
<adaryl.wakefi...@hotmail.com <mailto:adaryl.wakefi...@hotmail.com>> wrote:

    “The only problem with Spark adoption is the steep learning curve of
    Scala , and understanding the API properly.”
    This is why I’m looking for reasons to avoid Spark. In my mind, it’s
    one more thing to have to master and doesn’t really have anything to
    offer that can’t be done with other tools that are already inside my
    skillset. I spoke with some software engineers recently and
    basically the discussion boiled down to if you need to master Java
    or Scala go with Java. Three months into Java I don’t want to stop
    that and start learning Scala.
    B.