Hi everyone,

We have set up and been playing with Hadoop 1.2.x and its friends (Hbase, pig, hive etc.) on 7 physical servers. We want to test Hadoop (maybe different versions) and ecosystem on physical machines (virtualization is not an option) from different perspectives.

As a bunch of developer we would like to work in parallel. We want every team member play with his/her own cluster. However we have limited amount of servers (strong machines though).

So the question is, by changing port numbers, environment variables and other configuration parameters, is it possible to setup several independent clusters on same physical machines. Is there any constraints? What are the possible difficulties we are to face?

Thanks in advance

--
Harun Reşit Zafer
TÜBİTAK BİLGEM BTE