Hi lucio,

Following steps helped me in building Hadoop on windows 7.

Hadoop-3.0.0 build instructions for Windows 8.1
I compiled Hadoop-3.0.0 from Git Trunk. I have not used cygwin. I have Windows
8.1 64bit

Pre-requisites:
---------------
1. Download and install latest version of cmake for windows from
http://www.cmake.org/download/
2. Install Visual Studio Express 2013
3. Get latest version of trunk code from git://git.apache.org/hadoop.git
(Try to use shortest path such as d:\hdp-git)
4. Download and install proto.exe (version 2.5.0) for windows
5. Ensure you have JDK-1.7 and Maven 3.0.5 or above installed and set in ENV
variables

Build settings changes:
----------------------
1. Migrate Visual Studio Projects native.vcxproj, libwinutils.vcxproj and
winutils.vcxproj from VS2010 to VS2013
a) Open $hadoop-common-project\hadoop-common\src\main\winutils\winutils.sln in
VS2013.
It will prompt you to upgrade the project to VS2013. Click yes.

a) Open $hadoop-common-project\hadoop-common\src\main\native\native.sln in
VS2013.
It will prompt you to upgrade the project to VS2013. Click yes.

2. Open $hadoop-hdfs-project\hadoop-hdfs\pom.xml. Search for "Visual Studio 10
Win64", change it to "Visual Studio 12 Win64"

Build Process:
1. Open "Developer Command Prompt for VS2013" located at "C:\Program Files
(x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\Common7\Tools\Shortcuts"
This will open new command shell. Use this to build hadoop.

2. Run batch file "vcvarsx86_amd64.bat" located at "C:\Program Files
(x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\VC\bin\x86_amd64"

3. Change to $HADOOP directory and run maven build
$mvn install -DskipTests

It definitely Works.

-Naveen.