From: Subroto Sanyal [mailto:ssan...@datameer.com]
Sent: 02 November 2015 19:54
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Authenticating to Kerberos enabled Hadoop cluster using Java

Hi Chhaya,

Few configuration you need to set:
hadoop.security.authentication=kerberos
hadoop.security.authorization=true
dfs.namenode.kerberos.principal=hdfs/had...@hadoop.com<mailto:hdfs/had...@hadoop.com>
fs.defaultFS=hdfs://host:port
Further you need to use
org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.loginUserFromKeytab(String,
String) as suggested in one of the trailing mail.

Cheers,
Subroto Sanyal

On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 3:13 PM, Vishwakarma, Chhaya
<chhaya.vishwaka...@thinkbiganalytics.com<mailto:chhaya.vishwaka...@thinkbiganalytics.com>>
 wrote:
Code is successfully authenticating to Kerberos but when I try to run any hdfs
command I get error as "Failed to specify server's kerberos principal name"

Can somebody please assist me on this?

Sent from my android device.