From: Deepak Goel <deic...@gmail.com<mailto:deic...@gmail.com>>
Date: Monday, May 23, 2016 at 2:59 PM
To: "user@hadoop.apache.org<mailto:user@hadoop.apache.org>"
<user@hadoop.apache.org<mailto:user@hadoop.apache.org>>
Subject: "Big Data" Problem

Hey

Namaskara~Nalama~Guten Tag~Bonjour

(Sorry, as this might not be the right question for this forum. However am not
sure which other forum would be able to address this problem)

I work for a "Big Data" company and we are supposed to provide the technology
to a bank which will link the corporate accounts and savings accounts of a
customer.

So if a bank has given a corporate loan to a company and the company does not
dole out some payments from its savings account, then the bank should warn
itself and take action against the company as there might be a probability that
the company might default on its loan.

Now we would be providing the technology however it is not completely ethical
to link the corporate account to the savings account of the customer company.
However the bank is saying, as it has all the data it can link it without any
hassle. Even without informing customers.

This problem is similar to the "Nuclear problem" where the physicist provided
the nuclear technology to build nuclear bombs, but said that they just provided
the technology. But it is for the politicians to decide whether or not to use
nuclear bombs on civilians. And hence there is no moral obligation on the
physicist.

What do you think I should do? Is there a problem at all or am i just over
imagining things? Should I provide the technology to the bank to link the two
accounts?

Thank You
Deepak
   --