From: Rakesh Radhakrishnan <rake...@apache.org>
Date: Monday, August 1, 2016 at 6:07 PM
To: Bhagaban Khatai <email.bhaga...@gmail.com>
Cc: "user.hadoop" <user@hadoop.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Teradata into hadoop Migration

Hi Bhagaban,

Perhaps, you can try "Apache Sqoop" to transfer data to Hadoop from Teradata.
Apache Sqoop provides an efficient approach for transferring large data between
Hadoop related systems and structured data stores. It allows support for a data
store to be added as a so-called connector and can connect to various databases
including Oracle etc.

I hope the below links will be helpful to you,
http://sqoop.apache.org/
http://blog.cloudera.com/blog/2012/01/cloudera-connector-for-teradata-1-0-0/
http://hortonworks.com/blog/round-trip-data-enrichment-teradata-hadoop/
http://dataconomy.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Syncsort-A-123ApproachtoTeradataOffloadwithHadoop.pdf

Below are few data ingestion tools, probably you can dig more into it,
https://www.datatorrent.com/product/datatorrent-ingestion/
https://www.datatorrent.com/dtingest-unified-streaming-batch-data-ingestion-hadoop/

Thanks,
Rakesh

On Mon, Aug 1, 2016 at 4:54 PM, Bhagaban Khatai