Hello all,

I have developed a script in my laptop. The script is now ready to be unleashed
in a non secured cluster.
But when I do : pig -x mapreduce <script name> it doesn’t return to the shell
immediately. It prints stuff like [LocalJobRunner Map Task Executor #0]

I have exported the PIG_CLASSPATH shell variable to point to a directory with
the cluster’s configuration and its operating on the files located there.
But I would expect the job to be launched, the shell prompt returned and the
job would be left executing independently on the cluster.

Another thing I noticed while developing the script and running it both locally
and on the cluster, is that the web page for there resource manager does not
show the map reduce jobs that pig generates. What do I have to do to be able to
see them ?

Thanks,
Regards