Hello,

I managed to create a properties file with the following contents :

fs.defaultFS=hdfs://hadoopnamenode:9000
mapreduce.framework.name=yarn
yarn.resourcemanager.address=hadoopresourcemanager:8032

It is now submitting the jobs to the cluster. I also set the HADOOP_HOME on my
laptop to point to the same version of hadoop that is running on the cluster
(2.7.0). I am running pig version  0.17

Then a main class not found error happened on the yarn nodes where the job was
scheduled to run. I had to add the following to yarn-site.xml and restart yarn
and the nodes :

        <property>
                <name>mapreduce.application.classpath</name>

<value>/home/hadoop/hadoop-2.7.0/share/hadoop/mapreduce/*,/home/hadoop/hadoop-2.7.0/share/hadoop/mapreduce/lib/*,/home/hadoop/hadoop-2.7.0/share/hadoop/common/*,/home/hadoop/hadoop-2.7.0/share/hadoop/common/lib/*,/home/hadoop/hadoop-2.7.0/share/hadoop/yarn/*,/home/hadoop/hadoop-2.7.0/share/hadoop/yarn/lib/*,/home/hadoop/hadoop-2.7.0/share/hadoop/hdfs/*,/home/hadoop/hadoop-2.7.0/share/hadoop/hdfs/lib/*</value>
        </property>

After this change, the script ran. But the pig command only returned after the
job finished.
Does anyone know how to launch the script and exit immediately to the shell ?
If the job takes a long time I will have to keep the terminal open.

Thanks,
Regards