From: Mingliang Liu<mailto:lium...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2020 12:49 PM
To: Muthupandiyan, Kamaraj<mailto:kamaraj.muthupandi...@hpe.com>
Cc: user@hadoop.apache.org<mailto:user@hadoop.apache.org>
Subject: Re: setting up Load balancer for name nodes

Kamaraj,

The manual is usually helpful for basic usages:
https://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r3.2.1/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-common/ClusterSetup.html<https://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r3.2.1/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-common/ClusterSetup.html>

1. The log you showed did not show "while starting the Datanode...is not
working". The command I saw was "hdfs --daemon stop datanode", which is to stop
the datanode.
2. The `hdfs --daemon start/stop datanode` is usually issued from the DataNode
host. If you need to start all services of an HDFS cluster, try
$HADOOP_HOME/sbin/start-dfs.sh

Anyway, I do not see this is related to Hadoop versions.

On Mon, Aug 24, 2020 at 4:29 AM Muthupandiyan, Kamaraj