Hi all not sure where to ask this question but here it goes. I have been
playing with Hadoop for a while now in a test environment before we setup and
deploy a productions environment. I am using Hadoop 0.20.0  on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS
install on Dell 1950's currently.

My question is what raid should I be using for my data nodes? I haven't come
across anything that clearly spells it out I have used raid1 and then EXT4
filesystem but I know this isn't right after further research but not sure what
do do. I will be setting up 3 masters in a cluster which I will raid out. And
roughly 10 datanodes running hdfs and hbase and a separate zookeeper cluster.
Any thoughts or recommendations on the clustering would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Joe