Hi all,

I know it's maybe ridiculous but i have problems with HBase installation in
cluster. I will have follow 2-3 tutorials on it but it doesn't work.
Well, first i would like to know if it possible to have 2 servers in cluster
with HBase. I ask this because i have seen that we must have 3 servers for
Zookeeper.
Secondly, i don't have really understood the Zookeeper definition ^^ (maybe
this one can be the first ^^)
I use HDFS for root.dir but there is a lot of difference between HDFS and
/tmp for example ?
I start "hbase master start" like this and "hbase regionserver start" on the
other node.
I have already insert IP adresses in the regionserver file.
Thirdly, i have question about HDFS : when i start hbase on 1 server it
works (root.dir use HDFS) ; but when i want to see the hadoop system with
localhost:50030 (and of course i have starting all) it doesn't work... There
is a relation ?

If anyone can answer me one of these (or all ^^) thanks to you !

--
Laurent HATIER
Étudiant en 2e année du Cycle Ingénieur à l'EISTI