Hi vinod,

Yeah WREs are never fun, hopefully we can help you fixing it.

First, about the difference when querying from the shell and your java client.

 - Is it a long lived client? Did you restart it since you got the WREs?
 - If not, this could just be due to the fact that it has a cache of
regions that's different from what a new client would see.
 - If you did restart it, then I would have to think a bit more about
it to find the difference.

Either way, it'd be nice to see what you're doing. We need;

 - A full dump of your .META. (in the shell: scan '.META.'), please
put this on a web server or a pastebin
 - The keys you are trying to reach
 - The exceptions you are seeing that contain the row keys and regions
it's trying to reach
 - Another thing that would be nice is to have the output of when you
are reaching that row key from the shell, but with the shell started
with the -d option (will show a lot more debug info).
 - The master log of the day the exception started happening.

J-D