From: saint....@gmail.com [mailto:saint....@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Stack
Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2011 9:27 PM
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Subject: Re: Custom timestamps

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 9:59 PM, Stuti Awasthi <stutiawas...@hcl.com> wrote:
> Hi St. Ack , Ben
>
> I also have a scenario that in my case I have to take periodical backup of
> Hbase data. For that I have will be using export/import tool. I have decided
> to take backup based on time range interval. I have read it in some other
> posts also that it is not good idea for one to use timestamp field of Hbase.

What you are doing sounds fine to me.  Which posts say it bad so I can see what
issues in particular they are referring to.
Thanks,
St.Ack

::DISCLAIMER::

The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended
for the named recipient(s) only.
It shall not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its affiliates.
Any views or opinions presented in
this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the
opinions of HCL or its affiliates.
distribution and / or publication of
this message without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail is
strictly prohibited. If you have
immediately. Before opening any mail and