Hi Michel

Yes, that is exactly what I do in step 2. I am aware of the reason for the
scanner timeout exceptions. It is the time between two consecutive
invocations of the next call on a specific scanner object. I increased the
scanner timeout to 10 min on the region server and still I keep seeing the
timeouts. So I reduced my scanner cache to 128.

Full table scan takes 130 seconds and there are 2.2 million rows in the
table as of now. Each row is around 2 KB in size. I measured time for the
full table scan by issuing `count` command from the hbase shell.

I kind of understood the fix that you are specifying, but do I need to
change the table structure to fix this problem? All I do is a n^2 operation
and even that fails with 10 different types of exceptions. It is mildly
annoying that I need to know all the low level storage details of HBase to
do such a simple operation. And this is happening for just 14 parallel
scanners. I am wondering what would happen when there are thousands of
parallel scanners.

Please let me know if there is any configuration param change which would
fix this issue.

Thanks a lot
Narendra