Bryan,

Yes, that is true. Essentially Scan.isGetScan() [0] needs to pass
before bloom filter checks proceed. And that method passes for single
row scans as expected.

Multi-gets support bloom filter lookups as well (although is
implemented in a different way).

[0] -
http://hbase.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/client/Scan.html#isGetScan()

--