> 1. I know very basics of Bloom filters, which is used for detect whether an
> item is in a set. How to use Bloom filters in HBase to improve random read
> performance? Could you show me an example? Thanks.

This will help omit loading the blocks (thereby saving IO and cache churn)
which does not have the given row.
For more on bloom, see
1 -
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12444007/Bloom_Filters_in_HBase.pdf
2 - http://www.quora.com/How-are-bloom-filters-used-in-HBase

> 2. "Also more client connections is one more issue that might infest you" --
> supposing I am doing random read from a Hadoop job to access HBase, do you
> mean using multiple client connections from the Hadoop job is good or not
> good? Sorry I am a bit lost. :-)

One Hadoop job doing random reads is perfectly fine.  but , since you said
"Handling directly user traffic"... i assumed you wanted to expose HBase
independently to every client request, thereby having as many connections as
the number of simultaneous req..

> 3. "asynchbase will help you" -- does HBase support asynchronous API? Sorry I
> cannot find it out. Appreciate if you could point me the APIs you are
> referring to.

Not the default HTable API.  asynchbase is another client for Hbase. read more
about asynchbase here (https://github.com/stumbleupon/asynchbase)