Thanks Zahoor,

I read through the document you referred to, I am confused about what means
leaf-level index, intermediate-level index and root-level index. It is
appreciate if you could give more details what they are, or point me to the
related documents.

BTW: the document you pointed me is very good, however I miss some basic
background of 3 terms I mentioned above. :-)

regards,
Lin