Hi Stack,

For sure, hdfs is up?  You can put and get files into it?
I can see the namenode webapp, didn't try the file get and put part

What is hbase-master and hbase-namenode?  Are they supposed to be the
same machine?  DNS says they are?

They are different nodes (VM's) configured hosts file to map the dns
correctly

Where is hbase-region1?  Not same as hbase-master and hbase-namenode?

It is  a seperate VM , not same as the master and namenode

This is writable?

Yes, it is.

Do my configuration looks correct? do i need to set anything in the
hbase-env.sh? I already set the manage_ZK to true,

Thanks
Jothikumar