Hi there!

After I started studying HBase, I've searched for open source projects backed
by HBase and I found Titan distributed graph database (you probably heard about
it). As soon as I read in their documentation that HBase adapter is
experimental and suboptimal (disclaimer here:
https://github.com/thinkaurelius/titan/wiki/Using-HBase) I volunteered to help
improving this adapter and since then I made a few changes to improve on
running tests (reduced from hours to minutes) and also an improvement on search
feature.

Now I'm trying to break the dependency on a pre-installed HBase for unit tests
and found miniCluster inside HBase tests, but minicluster demands too much time
to start and I don't know if tweaking on configs will improve significantly. Is
there a way to start a 'lightweight' instance, like programatically starting a
standalone instance?

Thanks!!

Best regards,
Cristofer