In order to delete a znode you have to go to the ZK shell and issue the
"delete" command along with the required path. For example :
delete /hbase/SESSIONID_TIMELINE. For detailed info you can visit the ZK
homepage at : zookeeper.apache.org

Actually when we try to fetch data from an Hbase table, the client or app
first contacts the ZK to get the location of server holding the
-ROOT- table. From this we come to know about the server hosting the .META.
table. This tells us the location of the server which actually holds the
rows of interest. Because of some reasons the znode which was holding this
info has either faced some catastrophe or lost the info associated with
this particular table. Or sometimes the znode remains unable to keep itself
updated with the latest changes. That could also be a probable reason. We
should always keep in mind that ZK is the centralized service that actually
coordinating everything behind the scene. As a result, any problem to the
ZK quorum means problem with Hbase custer.

Regards,
    Mohammad Tariq