Hi,

I would like to direct you to the reference guide, but I must acknowledge
that, well, it's a reference guide, hence not really easy for a plain new
start.
You should have a look at Lars' blog (and may be buy his book), and
especially this entry:
http://www.larsgeorge.com/2009/10/hbase-architecture-101-storage.html

Some hints however:
- the replication occurs at the hdfs level, not the hbase level: hbase
writes files that are split in hdfs blocks that are replicated accross the
datanodes. If you want to check the replications, you must look at what
files are written by hbase and how they have been split in blocks by hdfs
and how these blocks have been replicated. That will be in the hdfs
interface. As a side note, it's not the easiest thing to learn when you
start :-)
- The error > ERROR: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.MasterNotRunningException:
Retried 7 times
  this is not linked to replication or whatever. It means that second
machine cannot find the master. You need to fix this first. (googling &
checking the logs).

Good luck,

Nicolas

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 9:07 AM, Venkateswara Rao Dokku <dvrao....@gmail.com