You can change table settings in the shell.  To start the shell:

HBASE_HOME/bin/hbase shell

To see some examples for the "alter" command, just type it without any
arguments.  Here's an example for this case:

describe 'MyTable'
disable 'MyTable'
alter 'MyTable', METHOD => 'table_att', MEMSTORE_FLUSHSIZE => '268435456'
describe 'MyTable'
enable 'MyTable'