From: Jean-Marc Spaggiari [mailto:jean-m...@spaggiari.org]
Sent: Tuesday, April 16, 2013 8:20 PM
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Subject: Re: How practical is it to add a timestamp oracle on Zookeeper

Hi Yun,

If I understand you correctly, that mean that each time our are going to do
a put or a get you will need to call ZK first?

Since ZK has only one master active, that mean that this ZK master will be
called for each HBase get/put?

You are going to create a bottle neck there. I don't know how many RS you
have, but you will certainly hotspot you ZK server. I'm not sure it's a
good idea.

JM