Dear All,

We have production cluster that runs on hbase 0.94.1. The issue we are
facing is whenever one regionserver goes down, the cluster becomes
unresponsive until all the regions are allocated to another
regionserver(s). The transition is taking about 3-5 mins and during this
time we are unable to any do client operation on the cluster.

Is there any way we can make the transition to run in background ?

Also, it is acceptable for us if the client operations such as scan or get
does not work on the rowkeys of regions in transition. But, they are not
working on the entire cluster until all the regions are moved out of
transition. We can't afford 3-5 minutes of downtime.

--
Thank you
Kiran Sarvabhotla

-----Even a correct decision is wrong when it is taken late