Yes we killed the region server but datanode is still running on the node...

Sample Test scenario: Assume, I have table with pre-splits a upto z (about
26 regions). I brought down region server purposefully with regions having
prefixes c and d. Then I used client API to scan data from regions with
prefixes other than c and d. The response was very slow and sometimes not
coming at all.

My doubt was if only regions with prefix c and d are getting relocated or
in transition. Why is it affecting the regions with other prefixes.... But
once the region transition is over, the response is very fast as expected.