Vladimir,

Yes. I am fully aware of the HDD limitation and wrong configurations wrt
RAID.
Unfortunately, the hardware is leased from others for this work and I
wasn't consulted to decide the h/w specification for the tests that I am
doing now. Even the RAID cannot be turned off or set to RAID-0

Production system is according to the Hadoop needs (100 Nodes with 16 Core
CPU, 192 GB RAM, 24 X 600GB SAS Drives, RAID cannot be completely turned
off, so we are creating 1 Virtual Disk containing only 1 Physical Disk and
the VD RAID level set to* *RAID-0). These systems are still not available. If
you have any suggestion on the production setup, I will be glad to hear.

Also, as pointed out earlier, we are planning to use HBase also as an in
memory KV store to access the latest data.
That's why RAM was considered huge in this configuration. But looks like we
would run into more problems than any gains from this.

Keeping that aside, I was trying to get the maximum out of the current
cluster or as you said Is 500-1000 OPS the max I could get out of this
setup?

Regards,
Ramu