Hi Wilm,

What else will this cluster do? Are you planning to run MR against the data
here? If this cluster is dedicated to your application and you have enough
IO capacity to support all application needs on the cluster, I see no
reason to run two clusters.

The reason we recommend against running mixed-workload clusters is those
additional tasks compete for the resources hbase needs to meet its online
SLAs.

-n