Hi all,
I am encountering a performance when building an application to scan data thru
Stargate (HBase Restful service).
Stargate asks two steps to fetch data from hbase table, the first step is to
put a scanner resource and then to get next thru another http request. My
observation is that it could be pretty slow (> 3s) to create scanner resources
(the first step). Further investigation showsthat if I repeatedly fetch data
very quick, the latter scanner creations are very fast (< 100ms), but if there
is >1minute interval between two data fetching, the latter is slow.
I am certain that it’s not caused by TCP/SSL handshake (fiddler proves that).
So I believe there must be a resource reuse somewhere no matter in Rest service
code or hbase server code.
I am wring to ask whether it’s a known issue and solutions. Besides that,
what’s the typical way to troubleshoot this kind of cases? I searched on
google, not get useful information, but sure that there should be log/trace
things could help.

RegardsYunsima