Lars,

We are facing a similar situation on the similar cluster configuration...
We are having high I/O wait percentages on some machines in our cluster...
We have short circuit reads enabled but still we are facing the similar
problem.. the cpu wait goes upto 50% also in some case while issuing scan
commands with multiple threads.. Is there a work around other than applying
the patch for 0.94.4 ??

Thanks
Kiran