Hi All,

I have timeseries data that has most of the the regions completely
inactive. With my current set of resources and estimates, I would end up
with close to 15TB of data per RegionServer and with a region size of about
15G, this would mean 1000 regions per region server. On whole I expect
close to 150TB of data which would lead to close to 10,000 total regions
and was thinking of handling it all with around 10-15 nodes.

This is a write intensive process adn read QPS will be fairly low. Even at
write time I expect only 1-3 regions per region server to be actively
written to.

I wanted to know more about the memory overhead associated with completely
inactive regions. Can someone pls help me out with the details of what are
typical minimum memory usage overheads (on memstore, blockcahe, indexes and
bloomfilters) for such inactive (cold) regions?

If the overhead is nill or minuscule then, I should be able to comfortably
run these regiosservers with ~10GB RAM. Any other gotchas I need to be
careful about here?

--cheers, gaurav