Well Lars, looks like that hypoxia has set in…

If you’ve paid attention, its not that I’m against server side extensibility.

Its how its been implemented which is a bit brain dead.

I suggest you think more about why having end user code running in the same JVM
as the RS is not a good thing.
(Which is why in Feb. Andrew made a patch that allowed one to turn off the
coprocessor function completely or after the system coprocessors loaded. )

The sad truth is that you could have run the coprocessor code in a separate
JVM.
You have to remember coprocessors are triggers, stored procedures and
extensibility all rolled in to one.

As to providing a patch… will you indemnify me if I get sued?  ;-)
Didn’t think so.

> On Apr 9, 2015, at 10:13 PM, lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> if you lecture people and call them stupid (as you did in an earlier email)
> He said (quote) "committers are suffering from rectal induced hypoxia", we
> can let that pass as "stupid", I think. :)Maybe Michael can explain some day
> what "rectal induced hypoxia" is. I'm dying to know what I suffer from.
>
> In any case and in all seriousness. Michael, feel free to educate yourself
> about what the intended use of coprocessors is - preferably before you come
> here and start an argument ... again. We're more than happy to accept a patch
> from you with a "correct" implementation.
>
> Can we just let this thread die? It didn't start with a useful proposition.
>
> -- Lars

The opinions expressed here are mine, while they may reflect a cognitive
thought, that is purely accidental.
Use at your own risk.
Michael Segel
michael_segel (AT) hotmail.com