Hi Suresh
                You wan to use ur own custom tags with cells?  The features
like cell level vis labels etc are also implemented by storing them as cell
tags.  Yes as others said, the tags is by default a server only thing.
Means you can not pass tags from/to client along with cells.  There is some
security reasons why we had opted this path.  And there were no custom tag
needs by then. Pls let us know what you want to achieve.   There is ways to
pass tags to/from client. I can help you.

-Anoop-