bq. hbase version is 1.1.1.2.3

I don't think there was ever such a release - there should be only 3 dots.

bq. /hbase is the default storage location for tables in hdfs

the root dir is given by hbase.rootdir config parameter.

Here is sample listing:

http://pastebin.com/ekF4tsYn

Under data, you would see:

drwxr-xr-x   - hbase hdfs          0 2016-03-22 20:26
/apps/hbase/data/data/default
drwxr-xr-x   - hbase hdfs          0 2016-03-14 19:13
/apps/hbase/data/data/hbase

hbase is system namespace.

Under default (or your own namespace), you would get table dir. Here is a
sample:

drwxr-xr-x   - hbase hdfs          0 2016-03-22 20:26
/apps/hbase/data/data/default/elog_pn_split