I'm using hbase 1.2.1 and I'm having problems aborting a table replication.

I was testing replication and did an "add_peer" but I accidentally entered
the wrong port number.
The source server is now logging a bunch of "java.net.ConnectException:
Connection refused" errors which is understandable.

I tried disable_peer, remove_peer, and disable_table_replication.

it's removed the peer from list_peers, but I continue to get the errors in
the logs showing it's attempting to connect to the destination server on
the wrong port number.

Does anyone know how to actually stop that thread?
--
Ted.