Okay, you literally saved me. Eye of the tiger, cant appreciate it enough.

I am using cloudera 5.12 and there has been an issue with deploy client
configuration feature. Maybe due to that configurations on the servers got
screwed up. (Not really sure, its just a speculation). After checking
hbase-site.xml on classpath, finding it empty, getting config from cloudera
and copying it at the right location fixed things. Now I need to check why
cloudera deploy client configuration is failing.

Nonetheless, thank you.

--
Thank you and Regards,

Ravi Hemnani.