Hello,

Are you performing a single Scan? Note that it will process the rows one at
a time in sequential manner, one region at a time.

To benefit from your salted rowkeys and speedup the read you may want to
execute N Scans in parallel  (e.g. one per salt prefix). If you are using
some mapreduce you can create a custom TableInputFormat that generates one
split per region (or per prefix) with the salted ranges and pass that to
your job configuration (e,g, for mapduce or spark).