Thanks to Andrew and Sean's help, I managed to release the first candidate
of 1.7.0 (at least it is a beginning, and graduated from green hand).
BTW, The [VOTE]
<https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r0b96b6596fc423e17ff648633e5ea76fd897d9afb8a03ae6e09cdb8f%40%3Cdev.hbase.apache.org%3E>

The following are my thoughts:
I'm willing to continue branch-1's life as a RM.
And before EOL branch-1, I need to announce EOL of branch-1.4.
While maintaining the branch-1, I also will do some benchmarks between 1.7+
and 2.4+ (the latest). If 2.4+ is better, cool. Otherwise, I'm willing to
spend some time diving in.
After the performance issue is done, I need to review the upgrade from 1.x
to 2.x. I remember someone wrote it. But HBASE-25902 seems to reveal some
problems already.
I will announce EOL of branch-1 if listed above are done.

Probably more than 1 year, by estimation, if I have to do it all alone. The
most time-spending should be performance diving in (if there was) and
upgrade review.

Any thought is appreciated.

---
Best regards,