hmmm, I've seen mention of SymLink but I don't yet grasp how it works/applies
to selecting files to process.  Also, I don't have much control over how the
data gets to the bucket I end up reading from, hence the need to powerfully
select.

Could you point me to some SymLink documentation or an example so I can give it
a try?

Many thanks,
Avram