Hi,

I am working on integrating Hive with HCatalog. My main issue is that
HCatalog makes a call to add_partitions(List<Partitions>), which, correct
me if I'm wrong, was only implemented in Hive 0.8 (currently in 0.7.1 we
only have the add_partition(Partition) method)

I am currently doing this using a build directly from the Hive svn
repository which is fine. But when we'll be integrating it with our
production cluster, our policy is to use the CDH releases, and currently
the latest release is 0.7.1.

I couldn't really find any information regarding the release of Hive 0.8,
so I was wondering if maybe I could get some updates here, this could
potentially impact what solution we're going to use for our loading
process. When I build from the SVN I notice the version is up to 0.9, so
I'm guessing 0.8 release might be close around the corner?

Thanks,

Charles