So...I have a table that has thousands of files, and Billions of rows
related it.

Lets make this a simple table:

CREATE TABLE test_table (
    ts BIGINT,
    exec_time DOUBLE,
    domain_id BIGINT,
    domain_name STRING,
)
PARTITIONED BY (logdate STRING, source STRING, datacenter STRING,
hostname STRING)
ROW FORMAT DELIMITED
FIELDS TERMINATED BY '\t'
COLLECTION ITEMS TERMINATED BY '\001'
MAP KEYS TERMINATED BY '\002'
LINES TERMINATED BY '\n'
STORED AS TextFile;

So...what I need to do is ADD a partition to the PARTITIONED BY spec
above....

The partitioned by column I want to add is 'loghour STRING'.

I can't seem to find any way to accomplish actually adding a NEW
PARTITION COLUMN in the 'PARTITIONED BY' spec, without completely
recreating and reloading the table.

What's the correct way of adding to the partition schema and new
column like 'loghour STRING'.

I'm not trying to add an entry into the table DATA, I'm trying to add
a completely new PARTITIONED BY Column...