Hi,

I have one name node machine and under which there are 4 slaves machines to
run the job.

The way users run queries is
- They ssh into the name node machine
- They initiate hive and submit their queries

Currently multiple users log in with the same credentials and submit queries

Whenever 2 or more users try to run queries at a same time from different
hive console , it runs only one query at a time and when that query is
finished then only next query starts executing and so on.

In this scenario if there is a large query which is submitted earlier then
all the other queries have to wait for that query to complete.

I want to run multiple query at the same time. Is there any way or any
configuration parameter to do the same ?

PS: The data is in S3 and running HIVE on AWS EMR infrastructure in
interactive mode.

Thank You,
Chunky.