I need rank() in Hive.  I have't had much luck with Edward Capriolo's on git
and it comes with no documentation.  It depends on hive-test (also by Edward)
and I can't get maven to build the tests for hive-test which prevents me from
building the hive-test package (the jar)...which is all pretty tangential to
the real goal, which is rank of course.

Is there any place to download the hive-rank jar pre-built instead of having to
build it out of git?  If not, has anyone built it recently, or namely has
anyone built the hive-test project it depends on?  The following is just one
example of the sort of error I see.  Remember this error is on hive-test, which
frankly I don't even care about.  :-)

Feeling a little desperate...thanks for any help.

Test set: com.jointhegrid.hive_test.EmbeddedHiveExampleTest
Tests run: 1, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 8.878 sec <<<
FAILURE!
testA(com.jointhegrid.hive_test.EmbeddedHiveExampleTest)  Time elapsed: 7.823
sec  <<< FAILURE!
java.lang.AssertionError: expected:<0> but was:<9>
        at org.junit.Assert.fail(Assert.java:91)
        at org.junit.Assert.failNotEquals(Assert.java:645)
        at org.junit.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:126)
        at org.junit.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:470)
        at org.junit.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:454)
        at
com.jointhegrid.hive_test.EmbeddedHiveExampleTest.testA(EmbeddedHiveExampleTest.java:51)
        at
        at
        at junit.framework.TestResult$1.protect(TestResult.java:110)
        at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:128)
        at
org.junit.internal.runners.JUnit38ClassRunner.run(JUnit38ClassRunner.java:83)
        at
org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4TestSet.execute(JUnit4TestSet.java:35)
        at
org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4Provider.executeTestSet(JUnit4Provider.java:115)
        at
org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4Provider.invoke(JUnit4Provider.java:97)
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ProviderFactory$ClassLoaderProxy.invoke(ProviderFactory.java:103)
        at $Proxy0.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireStarter.invokeProvider(SurefireStarter.java:150)
        at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireStarter.runSuitesInProcess(SurefireStarter.java:91)
        at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ForkedBooter.main(ForkedBooter.java:69)

Keith Wiley     kwi...@keithwiley.com     keithwiley.com    music.keithwiley.com

sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
                                           --  Galileo Galilei