I also just realized that partitioned views have also been in Hive since
0.8 but it seems the only place they're mentioned on the main
LanguageManual DDL page is in another offhand remark in the docs for ALTER
VIEW AS SELECT. I was at least able to find a design
doc<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/PartitionedViews>for
the feature, and it does seem like it does describe the feature pretty
well, but there are parts of it that don't seem the most definitive (e.g.
referring in future tense to CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW functionality). Could
someone also update the wiki about this too? I'd love to update it myself
with a couple stubs that at least point to the existence of these
functionalities. Is this the right place to make such requests?

Thanks again!
--Darren