From: Edward Capriolo <edlinuxg...@gmail.com<mailto:edlinuxg...@gmail.com>>
Date: Monday, October 7, 2013 11:52 AM
To: "user@hive.apache.org<mailto:user@hive.apache.org>"
<user@hive.apache.org<mailto:user@hive.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Is there any API that tells me what files comprise a hive table?

Not a direct API.

What I do is this. From java/thrift:
Table t = client.getTable("name_of_table");
Path p = new Path(t.getSd.getLocation());
FileSystem fs = FileSystem.get(conf);
List<FileStatus> f = fs.listFiles(p)
/// your logic here.

On Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 2:01 PM, demian rosas
<demia...@gmail.com<mailto:demia...@gmail.com>> wrote:
Hi all,

I want to track the changes made to the files of a Hive table.

I wounder whether there is any API that I can use to find out the following:

1. What files in hdfs constitute a hive table.
2. What is the size of each of these files.
3. The time stamp of the creation/last update to each of these files.

Also in a wider view, is there any API that can do the above mentioned for HDFS
files in general (not only hive specific)?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Cheers.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This email message and any attachments are for the exclusive use of the
Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you
are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and
destroy all copies of the original message along with any attachments, from
your computer system. If you are the intended recipient, please be advised that
the content of this message is subject to access, review and disclosure by the
sender's Email System Administrator.