Ok, so here are some news :

I tried to boost the HADOOP_HEAPSIZE to 8192,
I also setted the mapred.child.java.opts to 512M

And it doesn't seem's to have any effect.
 ------

I tried it using an ODBC driver => fail after few minutes.
Using a local JDBC (beeline) => running forever without any error.

Both through hiveserver 2

If i use the local mode : it works!   (but that not really what i need, as
i don't really how to access it with my software)

------
I use a text file as storage.
I tried to use ORC, but i can't populate it with a load data  (it return an
error of file format).

Using an "ALTER TABLE orange_large_train_3 SET FILEFORMAT ORC" after
populating the table, i have a file format error on select.

------

@Edward :

I've tried to look around on how i can change the thrift heap size but
haven't found anything.
Same thing for my client (haven't found how to change the heap size)

My usecase is really to have the most possible columns.

Thanks a lot for your help

Regards

David