Thanks Gopal, but since it was a while ago and I didn't have to generate
too much data I just run the tpc-ds generator binaries in parallel and
uploaded it manually. Anyway if you want to have a look at the error:
http://hortonworks.com/community/forums/topic/hive-testbench-error/
Maybe it's trivial and it can help someone else.

Regards

Fabio