HI Gopal & Xiaohe,
Thanks for sharing.
Thanks,VK

     On Wednesday, April 15, 2015 9:23 AM, xiaohe lan <zombiexco...@gmail.com>
wrote:

 I just have time to generate the data a few minutes ago. It can generate 100G
data for me in tens of minutes on my 5 nodes cluster.
Thanks all for helping me.
Regards,Xiaohe
On Fri, Apr 3, 2015 at 9:00 PM, Fabio C. <anyte...@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks Gopal, but since it was a while ago and I didn't have to generate too
much data I just run the tpc-ds generator binaries in parallel and uploaded it
manually. Anyway if you want to have a look at the error:
http://hortonworks.com/community/forums/topic/hive-testbench-error/
Maybe it's trivial and it can help someone else.

Regards

Fabio

On Thu, Apr 2, 2015 at 7:20 PM, Gopal Vijayaraghavan <gop...@apache.org> wrote:

> https://github.com/hortonworks/hive-testbench
>
> The official procedure to generate and upload the data has never worked
>for me (and it looks like it's not a supported software), so it could be
>a bit tricky to do it manually and on a single host.

I wrote the MapReduce jobs for that (tpcds-gen/tpch-gen) after waiting a
whole weekend for 1Tb of data to be generated on a single machine.

If you or anyone else has issues with it, I can take a look at it.

Cheers,
Gopal