Right

Your steps look reasonable.

Try to understand your approach

1.    You have a current RDBMS (Oracle, Sybase, MSSQL?)

2.    You want to feed that data daily in batch or real time from RDBMS to
Hadoop as relational tables (that is where Hive comes into it)

3.    You need to have fully installed and configured Hiveincluding Hibve2
server !

4.    You will need to use sqoop (SQL to Hadoop) to get DDL and data on RDBMS
to be created on Hive. This is apriority step

5.    You will use Hive/MapReduce for batch processing

6.    You want to use Spark for real time data processing on Hadoop

How about feeding deltas (daily/periodic changes) from RDBMS to Hive. How are
you going to do that. Remember we are talking about inserts/deletes/updates).

HTH

Mich Talebzadeh

Sybase ASE 15 Gold Medal Award 2008

A Winning Strategy: Running the most Critical Financial Data on ASE 15

http://login.sybase.com/files/Product_Overviews/ASE-Winning-Strategy-091908.pdf

Author of the books "A Practitioner’s Guide to Upgrading to Sybase ASE 15",
ISBN 978-0-9563693-0-7.

co-author "Sybase Transact SQL Guidelines Best Practices", ISBN
978-0-9759693-0-4

Publications due shortly:

Complex Event Processing in Heterogeneous Environments, ISBN: 978-0-9563693-3-8

Oracle and Sybase, Concepts and Contrasts, ISBN: 978-0-9563693-1-4, volume one
out shortly

http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com <http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com/>

NOTE: The information in this email is proprietary and confidential. This
message is for the designated recipient only, if you are not the intended
recipient, you should destroy it immediately. Any information in this message
shall not be understood as given or endorsed by Peridale Technology Ltd, its
subsidiaries or their employees, unless expressly so stated. It is the
responsibility of the recipient to ensure that this email is virus free,
therefore neither Peridale Ltd, its subsidiaries nor their employees accept any
responsibility.