Hi everyone,

Thank you for your responses. I think Mich's suggestion is a great one, will go
with it. As Alan suggested, using compactor in Hive should help out with
managing the delta files.

@Dasun, pardon me for deviating from the topic. Regarding configuration, you
could try a packaged distribution (Hortonworks , Cloudera or MapR) like  Jörn
Franke said. I use Hortonworks, its open-source and compatible with Linux and
Windows, provides detailed documentation for installation and can be installed
in less than a day provided you're all set with the hardware.
http://hortonworks.com/hdp/downloads/

[http://hortonworks.com/wp-content/themes/hortonworks/images/layout/content/hworks_FB.png]<http://hortonworks.com/hdp/downloads/>

Download Hadoop - Hortonworks
Download Apache Hadoop for the enterprise with Hortonworks Data Platform. Data
access, storage, governance, security and operations across Linux and Windows
Read more...<http://hortonworks.com/hdp/downloads/>

Regards,

Sai