Thanks helpful

0: jdbc:hive2://rhes564:10010/default> explain dependency select * from sales
where year = 2001 and month = 12;

+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+--+

Explain

+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+--+

{"input_partitions":[{"partitionName":"oraclehadoop@sales@year=2001/month=12"}],"input_tables":[{"tablename":"oraclehadoop@sales","tabletype":"MANAGED_TABLE"}]}

In above sales is partitioned on year and month.

My interpretation is that only that partition is searched for?

Dr Mich Talebzadeh

LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=AAEAAAAWh2gBxianrbJd6zP6AcPCCdOABUrV8Pw>

Sybase ASE 15 Gold Medal Award 2008

A Winning Strategy: Running the most Critical Financial Data on ASE 15

<http://login.sybase.com/files/Product_Overviews/ASE-Winning-Strategy-091908.pdf>
 http://login.sybase.com/files/Product_Overviews/ASE-Winning-Strategy-091908.pdf

Author of the books "A Practitioner’s Guide to Upgrading to Sybase ASE 15",
ISBN 978-0-9563693-0-7.

co-author "Sybase Transact SQL Guidelines Best Practices", ISBN
978-0-9759693-0-4

Publications due shortly:

Complex Event Processing in Heterogeneous Environments, ISBN: 978-0-9563693-3-8

Oracle and Sybase, Concepts and Contrasts, ISBN: 978-0-9563693-1-4, volume one
out shortly

 <http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com/> http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com

NOTE: The information in this email is proprietary and confidential. This
message is for the designated recipient only, if you are not the intended
recipient, you should destroy it immediately. Any information in this message
shall not be understood as given or endorsed by Peridale Technology Ltd, its
subsidiaries or their employees, unless expressly so stated. It is the
responsibility of the recipient to ensure that this email is virus free,
therefore neither Peridale Ltd, its subsidiaries nor their employees accept any
responsibility.